Mixed color & size will be sent depending on stock.
Malaysian trumpet snails are a perfect addition to any shrimp tank. The snails will help prevent gas build ups in the substrate and also help prevent a tank from re-cycling due to lack of bio-load. These snails will not over populate a tank unless over feeding occurs.
Snails will be equal to or larger than 1/4 of an inch.
- Snails help keep a shrimp tank from re-cycling by provided adequate bio-load
- By burrowing into the substrates, these snails help keep turn the substrate which prevents gas build up.
- Eat left over food to prevent ammonia spikes
- Hardy so they can adjust to most water parameters
When Receiving Snails:
- Place the snails in a corner of the tank and make a mental note where they were place
- Watch the snails over 7 days, if they do not move remove them from the aquarium
- Give the snails a smell and if they stink, then they are dead
- If they do not smell, add them back to the aquarium and give it another 3 days
- It is common for snails to burrow into the substrate and disappear from sight
Malaysian trumpet snails are considered by most hobbyists as pests. We want to change the stereotype that these snails are bad for an aquarium. These snails play a vital role in each one of our breeding tanks here at Flip Aquatics. Malaysian trumpet snails are notorious for burrowing themselves into the substrate. When using sand in an aquarium, gas build ups often occur in the sand. These build ups can be release if the substrate is disturbed resulting in toxic gas enter the aquarium. Malaysian trumpet snails cure this problem by continuously disturbing the substrate and preventing gas build up.
The Malaysian trumpet snail plays another key factor in our aquariums. When a shrimp tank is initially started, most breeders will add 20 to 30 shrimp into an aquarium. Shrimp do not produce much organic waste, therefore; a new shrimp tank runs the risk of recycling because it lacks the needed organic waste to keep the beneficial bacteria alive. By adding a handful of Malaysian trumpet snails into a newly set up tank with shrimp, the snails produce the needed waste to keep the beneficial bacteria alive long enough for the shrimp population to take over. The snails also act as a great cleanup crew for uneaten food.
Snails are tolerant to any water parameter. They can survive pretty much anything a hobbyist can throw at them. They will not over populate unless a tank is being overfed. By following proper feeding regiments, an aquarium will maintain a healthy balance.
Ordered 2 I received 8, very happy with my purchase, Ty
They are thriving.
Arrived looking well, some missing the end of their cones though. Also think I got a few bladder snails as hitch hikers though.
Malaysian Trumpet Snail - MTS
My snails arrived safely and happy. I got 2 large snails and several little ones. They were all active while acclimatising to my tank, I put my free Java moss in with them. They're thriving in my tank now.