Drip acclimation kits are essential to proper acclimation of freshwater shrimp or fish. It is important to acclimate shrimp slowly to their new aquarium over the course of a couple hours. Drip acclimation kits are a must have for hobbyist that want to properly acclimate shrimp or fish.
- 1 - water flow valve
- 1 - Suction Cup
- 1 - 1.2m piece of airline tubing
- Do not float breather bags in the aquarium
- Residue is usually present on the bags which can be toxic to an aquarium
- Breather bags in water actually can suffocate your shrimp or fish if left for extended period of time
- Place bag in clean container then float
- After 30 min to 1 hour, remove shrimp or fish from bag and place in a container.
- Drip 1 drop of tank water per second into the container using the acclimation kit
- Once there is double the water that you had originally began with, the shrimp or fish are ready for their new home
Note: If there are dead shrimp or fish in the bag, it is important to get the live ones out of the bag and out of the old water as soon as possible. In this event, acclimation can actually cause more harm. You need to insure the temperature of the aquarium and bag are similar. Once confirmed, it is okay to add the shrimp or fish to the aquarium.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Works perfectly, just as described. I initially attached to my spraybar to start flow.
At first, I wasn't sure if I needed to get this but I use it to do water changes and also to adjust my new shrimp to my parameters.
It is really useful and I really recommend it!
I found this a little awkward at first to use, but then again I find the TV remote control awkward then I got the hang of it. I used a syringe to suck the water through and away I went. This gave the shrimp time to gather themselves before going onto their next adventure - into their new tank. This is such a nifty little apparatus when you get the hang of it, which really did not take long at all to get it going.