Drip acclimation kits are essential to proper acclimation of freshwater shrimp or fish. It is important to acclimate shrimp slowly to their new aquarium over the course of a couple hours. Drip acclimation kits are a must have for hobbyist that want to properly acclimate shrimp or fish.
- 1 - water flow valve
- 1 - Suction Cup
- 1 - 1.2m piece of airline tubing
- Do not float breather bags in the aquarium
- Residue is usually present on the bags which can be toxic to an aquarium
- Breather bags in water actually can suffocate your shrimp or fish if left for extended period of time
- Place bag in clean container then float
- After 30 min to 1 hour, remove shrimp or fish from bag and place in a container.
- Drip 1 drop of tank water per second into the container using the acclimation kit
- Once there is double the water that you had originally began with, the shrimp or fish are ready for their new home
Note: If there are dead shrimp or fish in the bag, it is important to get the live ones out of the bag and out of the old water as soon as possible. In this event, acclimation can actually cause more harm. You need to insure the temperature of the aquarium and bag are similar. Once confirmed, it is okay to add the shrimp or fish to the aquarium.
Great item as always
Just as described, worked perfecty
Had a little trouble getting it to work, but that was my error. Other than that works absolutely amazing and made acclimation simple.
The drip acclimation is very useful for slowly acclimating shrimp or fish to my aquarium. You can control the amount of drops per second which is really useful. Overall its very useful and work is perfectly
Drip Acclimation Kit