Indian Almond Leaves IAL
You will receive a set of 10 Indian almond leaves, also known as catappa leaves. These leaves play a vital role in freshwater shrimp breeding and maintenance.
- Natural Food Source: Offers a natural food source for ornamental shrimp
- Release of Tannin: Releases tannin into the water, providing healing properties
- Ph Regulation: Slightly lowers the Ph level
- Anti-fungal Properties: Helps in fighting off infections
- Additional Hiding Places: Creates extra hiding spots, reducing stress for aquarium inhabitants
A must-have for our dirt tanks. Order definitely cheaper than retail outlets; received whole, bigger than palmsized leaves, well packaged. Not sure why this (weighed down with small rocks) batch took longer than a few days to start breaking down, but livestock definitely all over it now and water looking pristine again.
ABQUATICS now our go-to source for Indian Almond Leaves.
Excellent addition to encourage microfauna and darkening of tank water. I received a few extras (always appreciated) and am stoked with the results. The >palmsized leaves took a few weeks to break down in my dirted tank; some people might want to trim out the main stems that last a lot longer than the leaf, but I liked the added natural scape, as did the shrimp. The ONLY negative was the need to weigh down with a few stones until they stopped floating (about a week), but these leaf packs are great value for money and will be an ongoing part of tank regime.
Received quickly, leaves come intact. Happy with purchase.
As big or bigger than expected. One a month in the 3ft shrimp tank is working great
Indian Almond Leaves IAL ( Pack of 10 )