2.5CM LEMON TETRA
The Lemon Tetra, scientifically known as Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis, is a captivating fish known for its unique appearance and behavior. This species, native to the Amazon river basin and Araguaia river in Peru and Brazil, showcases a transparent body with an overall lemon coloring when well-maintained and fed properly.
Here are some key features and care tips for this remarkable fish:
- Curious and Friendly: The Lemon Tetra is inquisitive and amicable, making it an excellent addition to community aquariums.
- Ideal for Community Aquariums: This adaptable species thrives in a community aquarium alongside other peaceful fish, particularly when kept in a school of 6 or more of their own kind.
- Commercially Bred and Readily Available: Lemon Tetras are easily accessible due to commercial breeding, and they are known for their moderate hardiness and ease of spawning.
- Habitat Preference: They prefer a planted aquarium with plenty of open space and some floating plants to create a comfortable environment.
- Attractive Coloring: Maintaining proper diet, including color-enhancing foods, brings out the best coloring of the Lemon Tetra.
With its stunning appearance and adaptable nature, the Lemon Tetra is an excellent choice for aquarists, especially those new to the hobby. Its peaceful demeanor and striking coloring make it a delightful addition to any aquatic community.
Great little addition to my tank, I only purchased 4 but they have settled in wonderfully and have becomes buddies with my Harlequin Rasboras. That makes for a nice little school moving around the tank.